Monday 17 December 2012

Hanukkah

Hanukkah has came, and gone once again.
Have you guys ever thought of what the story behind Hanukkah is? Me neither, but just a few days ago I learned the story! It's a very interesting story!
The story is:
Once upon a time, over 2000 years ago Jewish people were fighting against the Syrian ruler, because he said that the Jewish people had to worship Greek gods. So once they finally won they celebrated by lighting a candle, but they only had enough to light the candle for one day, but they light it anyways! As the first day came and gone the candle stayed light, then the next day and the next! And the candle stayed light for 8 days, WOW. And that's why Hanukkah is a 8 day celebration!, because the miracle of the candle lasting 8 days!

Interesting story, isn't it?!?!

I also want to show you some songs/versions of Hanukkah my teacher showed me:
Her are the links:
Hanukkah Stop Motion
Dreidal Song

The second song, I did not know all those verses, I only knew the "I had a Little dreidal, I made it out of clay...."  verse

No comments:

Post a Comment